Hurry! The tournament starts tomorrow (Sunday)!!!
PRIZE: The winner receives Sugarpova Spooky Sour Gummy Candy!
Congratulations to CHOCCYDOG on his first-ever Pro Pelican Tennis Bracket Challenge victory: Eastbourne! Well done, scoring tremendous points!
We are thrilled to be offering both Women's and Men's Bracket Challenges for Roland Garros! Enter now: we're starting when it's getting thrilling, in the 4th Round! You can win fun, yummy Sugarpova CANDY for winning each bracket, as well as gain points in our yearlong Power Players Contest!
PRIZE: The Women's winner receives Sugarpova Cheeky Gummy Candy!
PRIZE: The Men's winner receives Sugarpova Smitten Sour Candy!
Congratulations to TONO upon his 3rd Pro Pelican Tennis Bracket Challenge victory this season, Roland Garros Women! Previously, Tono took Indian Wells Men and Miami Men. Great work!
CONGRATULATIONS to JOHNNY_INC on his second Pro Pelican Tennis Bracket Challenge victory (he also won Monte Carlo in 2014) as he takes home the Roland Garros Men's tournament! Woohoo!
If one must be elsewhere, instead of in Paris, for the French Open at Roland Garros, be thankful that internet (thanks ESPN 3!) allows you to watch many matches all day long.
And if you must spend the day at your TV or computer, why not channel the spirit of Roland Garros a with a little fine French fare? And no waiting in the long lines!
This post is about Tartines because there's a tartine appropriate for every meal (and any timezone for we who are slaves to live tennis).
What is a Tartine?
Definition: (from dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tartine?s=t)
1. a fancy French open-faced sandwich topped with spreadable ingredients.
2. a piece of bread spread with butter, jam, etc.
It looks something like this:
At the bottom of this post, I link to a few good recipes and to lists of many more yummy-looking tartine recipes. But first I will outline the basics of what makes up a tartine. Choose your favorite ingredients and make these your own!
- Sliced Bread: suggested: Baguette, French Bread, or Sourdough bread
- Something spreadable: suggested: a soft cheese or hummus
- A soft or crispy protein: suggested: smoked salmon, tuna, sadines, bacon bits, or ham
- A vegetable: suggested: mushroom, cucumber, spinach, kale, asparagus, tomato, or beet)
- Fruit: suggested: apple, peach, raspberry or blueberry
- Seasoning: suggested: chives, onions, scallions,
Good news, these can be served hot or cold!
More Tartine Inspirations:
Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad
Pear, Bacon & Cheese
Mushroom, Spinach & Garlic spread
Beet & Goat Cheese
Mushroom, Tomato & Cheddar
And Many More!